Friday, December 16, 2011

The Parthenogenesis of Jesus Christ's conception?

I want to begin by acknowledging all the Biblical accounts of the New Testament as fact. And for those who will not understand my intentions in asking this question, I am not trivializing or demeaning the Virgin Birth. My curiosity is in the biological aspects of reproduction without male fertilization. I found that parthenogenesis occurs in few species (some plants, microorganisms, amphibians, reptiles, and insects) and most of their offspring are "hatched" and are always female. I did not find any doented cases of this occuring in animals as complex as humans (aside from the Virgin Birth). How is it that Meiosis can occur without sperm? And how can that offspring be male? Outside of the miracle of Immaculate Conception (which is not in dispute here), what would be the Biological requirements of a human to reproduce naturally in such a fashion and how would it be possible? And for those who feel compelled to "preach" to me, I am fully versed in the New Testament canon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment