Saturday, December 17, 2011

How can I transition to dating my best friend?

I've recently started dating my best friend of a year (we are both 16). I know that we are both very attracted to each other, and we have gone on a couple of dates and kissed, but when I talk with her over the phone, through IM's, and even in person, the relationship feels like we're not "actively" boyfriend and girlfriend. I feel confident and comfortable around her, and there is definitely a romantic flame between us (the kissing is great), but when we spend time together we're more like friends, that on a whim, hold hands, kiss, and put our arm around each other than an outright couple. It's been two weeks and a couple of "dates" so far. I know that the foundation of a romantic relationship is a friendship, but I know that both of us would like that foundation to be built upon faster than the speed it is currently being built at. Should I just let things progress as they otherwise would and let our platonic habits from our year of friendship transition into romantic ones, or do you guys (and gals) have any suggestions on what I could do to make us more of a couple?

0 comments:

Post a Comment